How To Use Health Business Elite
Health Business Elite will appeal to anyone looking for literature about health care business and administration topics. This database provides access to over 550 journals and markets itself as the "premier resource for health care admin". The subjects covered in the Health Business Elite Database include: Computer Technology | Facilities Management | Hospital Administration | Human Resources | Insurance | Marketing
Accessing this resource
- On-site: visit the Banner Health Library Services website and select "Health Business Elite" from right hand-sidebar quick links or by following this link path: "Resources">Databases>E>Ebsco Databases> Choose Health Business Elite from menu
- With Bannerhealth.com email: Start on the library website and click on anything. You will be asked to login once with your Banner Health email, password, and Microsoft Authenticator App.
- Without BannerHealth.com email: Start at OpenAthens Portal. Login with your library issued Open Athens account and use links provided on the list of resources. Don't have an OpenAthens account? : Use this form to request an account. It may also be helpful to view this OpenAthens video for detailed information on each of the resources.
- Mobile: If you are accessing this resource via a mobile device, we highly recommend that you start at the library website (library.bannerhealth.com) and click on the 3 dashes / hamburger menu in upper right corner. Under Resources select> Databases>E> Ebsco Databases. Once you do so, you will be prompted to enter your Banner Health credentials and authenticate using the Microsoft Authenticator app. Check our mobile apps website for specific information on your resource.
- Basic search - enter keywords (separate synonyms/like-words with or); use suggested terms if appropriate
- Subjects - browse the database of subject terminology and construct searches as alternative to keyword searching
- Publications - search or browse list of publications indexed in the Health Business Elite Database
- Company Profiles - learn more about a business or company!
- Image search; "More" includes a Citation Matcher - enter components of citation (article title, date, author) to find specific articles
- Folder - add desired articles to your folder to come back to later
- My Account - sign in/create account to save searches, add articles to folder, etc
- Ask-A-Librarian - a built-in form submission process to request help from your Banner Librarians!
How to search
- After typing keywords into search boxes (see Step 1 on previous image), it's time to view your results!
- Refine Results - View left-hand sidebar to refine your results using a variety of "facets"
- Limit to: Full text: use cautiously as you may weed out abstracts still obtainable by the library); Date Slider: target a date range
- Limit by Source Type: Trade publications, Academic Journals
- Show more/additional ; Expand the Subject, Publication, Publisher, Language menus to limit accordingly
- Folder icon - click on the "folder" icon to add to folder
Chat with library staff if you are having problems accessing this resource.
Questions to facilitate troubleshooting independently or while requesting assistance:
- What type of device are you using a) A Banner issued laptop? b) A Banner desktop computer? c) A personal computer? d) A phone or tablet?
- Are you located at a Banner facility? If yes, at which facility are you located?
- Can you check your IP address? You can google "what is my IP address" if you are unsure, Google "what is my IP address?"
Not finding the answer you are looking for? Please get in touch with the library or let us know about an FAQ that you think would be useful to others.