How do I use Lexicomp?
Instructions for on-site, off-site, and mobile devices
Lexicomp provides point-of-care drug information, including dosing, administration, warnings and precautions, an interaction checker, numerous calculators, MSDS, as well as clinical content, such as clinical practice guidelines, and IV compatibility.
How to Search
Accessing this resource
- On-site users: Visit the Banner Health Library Services website from the top navigation bar following this link path: Resources>Databases>L>Lexicomp or Resources>Point-of-Care>Lexicomp.
- With Bannerhealth.com email: Start on the Banner Health Library Services website from the top navigation bar following this link path: "Resources">Databases>L>Lexicomp. You will be asked to login once with your Banner Health email, password, and Microsoft Authenticator App.
- Without BannerHealth.com email: Log into MyAthens with your library issued Open Athens account and find Lexicomp in the list of resources
- Mobile: Lexicomp has a companion App which can be downloaded from your App store. Start on the main Lexicomp search page. In order to see the mobile access code, you need to be a validated user, using one of the methods mentioned above. Simply click the blue button called Mobile Access Codes (4), the subscription code and installation instructions will display in a new window.
Advanced search in Lexicomp, found under More Clinical Tools>Advanced Search allows you to search within a specific section on the drug monograph and a specific database.
International Brand name search by country
Easy to view Drug Comparisons, found under More Clinical Tools>Drug Comparisons
Drug Interaction Checker where you can check for drug-drug, drug-allergy, drug -herb, drug food interactions. Find the Interaction tool on the blue navigation bar.
If you are directed to a log in page like the one below, choose OpenAthens
Chat with library staff if you are having problems accessing this resource.
Questions to facilitate troubleshooting independently or while requesting assistance:
- What type of device are you using a) A Banner issued laptop? b) A Banner desktop computer? c) A personal computer? d) A phone or tablet?
- Are you located at a Banner facility? If yes, at which facility are you located?
- Please provide your IP address? If you are unsure, Google "what is my IP address?"
If you need assistance updating your mobile device, contact Technical Support at (866) 397-3433, option 2 or use the product support portal at http://www.wolterskluwercdi.com/support/
Not finding the answer you are looking for? Please get in touch with the library or let us know about an FAQ that you think would be useful to others.