How to Use New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
High-quality, peer-reviewed research and interactive clinical content for physicians, educators, researchers, and the global medical community presented in understandable, clinically useful formats.
Accessing this resource
- On-site: visit the Banner Health Library Services website and follow this link path: "Resources">Databases>N>New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)."
- With Bannerhealth.com email: Start on the library website and follow the same link path as for on-site. "Resources">Databases>N>New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)." You will be asked to login once with your Banner Health email, password, and Microsoft Authenticator App.
- Without BannerHealth.com email: Start at OpenAthens Portal. Login with your library issued Open Athens account credentials and use the provided links on the list of resources. Don't have an OpenAthens account? Use this form to request an account. It may also be helpful to view this OpenAthens video for detailed information on each of the resources.
- If you are accessing this resource via a mobile device, we highly recommend that you start at the library website (library.bannerhealth.com).
- Hamburger menu
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)
- Follow the off-site option (above) that applies to you (with BH.com email or without).
How to search
- First click on SEARCH X.
- To get started with a basic search enter a keyword, author, title or citation.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon.
- To do an Advanced Search click on Advanced Search.
- You may also search by Specialties or Topics.
- Search for an article using Volume & Page
- or input as much or little information as you'd like.
- Find the NEJM Search Help link for more information.
- Learning/CME CME activities, cases, challenges, videos, and more teaching and learning tools from NEJM. Find the CME FAQ link.
- Multimedia includes Quick Take & Clinical Medicine videos as well as Clinical Practice, Interviews & Weekly Summaries audios
- Resident 360 "helps residents and students successfully navigate their training with foundational clinical knowledge, career insights, and support. From Rotation Prep to interactive teaching and learning tools, NEJM Resident 360 enables physicians-in-training to care for their patients with confidence." (This product is an additional fee and is not included with the Banner Health subscription)
Resources available for authors interested in submitting manuscripts to NEJM.
Chat with library staff if you are having problems accessing this resource.
Questions to facilitate troubleshooting independently or while requesting assistance:
- What type of device are you using a) A Banner issued laptop? b) A Banner desktop computer? c) A personal computer? d) A phone or tablet?
- Are you located at a Banner facility? If yes, at which facility are you located?
- What is your IP (Internet Protocol) address? You can google "What is my IP address?" if you are unsure,
Not finding the answer you are looking for? Please get in touch with the library or let us know about an FAQ that you think would be useful to others.